The thoughts and musings of a strange breed of techy and artist.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Wordpress Email on CrystalTech

I have an older CrystalTech hosted site and had a bear of a time trying to get WordPress emails working. I thought I would share the steps that finally brought me success in hopes that someone else may not have to spend so much time as I did sorting it out. I know that this is not the only method of skinning this cat and from what I have read, you may not have this problem at all if you're on a newer CrytalTech server. For everyone else...

1. Download the WP Mail SMTP plugin, upload it to your server and activate it via the Admin panel.

2. Log in to your CrystalTech Control Panel and go to Site Overview. Find the Mail Servername and copy it. You may also want to set up a new email address on your domain, but you may use an existing one. If you need to set up a new address, go to Mail > Log in as Admin in the control panel to set up a new email address.

3. In the Wordpress Admin site, go to Settings > Email:

From: Your crystal tech email address (youraddress@yourdomain.com)

Mailer: Send all WordPress emails via SMTP

SMTP Host: Use the Mail Server name you copied from your CrystalTech Site Overview like this MailServerName.webcontrolcenter.com. It will look something like this: MailA11.webcontrolcenter.com .

SMTP Port: 25

No comments: